ElectroWorld

[CD] IMPERATIVE REACTION - Imperative Reaction, [2011] Dependend Rec.

« Older   Newer »
azrael2393
view post Posted on 25/9/2011, 12:59 by: azrael2393     +1   -1

Questa è una delle rare volte che mi trovo d'accordo con Chemnitz.
La sensazione che anche io ho avuto è di un disco di brani iniziati e mai veramente finiti, di idee riciclate ma non sviluppate come in precedenza: insomma, un vero e proprio passo indietro.

Anche dal punto di vista della produzione a dire il vero... ho letto online alcune idee a riguardo, che vi riporto direttamente perchè mi trovano d'accordo:

I think it's the weakest material IR has put out in terms of production. Mix-wise, it's a bit muddy and really 'scooped' sounding. There's certain vocal snippets misaligned in some songs (check the final double-chorus on Song of the Martyr), and Ted's vocals are almost wince-inducingly wavery at some points. Oh, and the drums suck.
Considering how clean, separated, harsh and heavy everything sounded on IR's previous four albums this leaves me a bit baffled.

I really wanted to enjoy this album, but I just can't. Ted's a great singer, even with the inconsistencies stated above that make the production on this LP seem hurried. Or maybe they attempted to capture the "live", version of Imperative Reaction-but it just does not work. The electronics this time around are bland and they cannot seem to settle into "synthpop", or "TBM" styling. I think the last album was much more effective, but really at this point I would wonder if IR should just consider becoming a guitar and drum band with electronics in the backdrop. I think that would really compliment his vocal style more anyway.

in ogni modo, un mezzo passo falso ad una band del genere si può anche concedere!
Brano preferito: "Permanent".

7 replies since 24/9/2011, 11:07   251 views