07. Gold Rush
08. Action Replay
09. Moans
10. Strange World
11. Hollywood

Release Date
19th July 2011

Press Release
Parade Ground has always been the duo of brothers Jean-Marc and Pierre Pauly from Brussels, Belgium formed in 1981. Taking cues from Post-Punk and Cold Wave, Parade Ground channeled suffering, tension and rage through pulsing synthesizers, skeletal guitar severe bass and Jean-Marc’s expressive vocals as the most melodic and emotional instrument. “The Golden Years” is an 11-song, career-spanning collection of Parade Ground’s 7” and 12” singles as well as compilation tracks from the pioneers of emotional body music created during 1982-1988.
Parade Ground first appeared on the "Nationale Rockmeeting" LP in 1982, striking straight to the heart with the passionate plea “I Shut My Eyes.” Later that year the brothers met Daniel B. and Patrick Codenys of Front 242 beginning a collaborative partnership that continues to present day. In 1983 they released their debut 3-song 7” EP “Moan On The Sly” on the New Dance label, a spawn of Joy Division and Fad Gadget. 1984 brought further explorations into the world of electronic body music with the 3-song “Man In A Trance” EP and 2 tracks on the live concert compilation “Mask Promotion” both records
released on Front 242's Mask Music label. The following year the single “Took Advantage"/"Moral Support” 12” was released incorporating then, state-of-the-art modular synthesizers by way of Daniel B and back-up vocals from Flo Sullivan (A Formal Sigh, Shiny Two Shiny). Then in 1987 the brothers met Colin Newman of British post-punk band Wire, who produced two songs ("Moans"/"Action Replay") that belong on any John Hughes movie soundtrack but instead were released on the 4-song “Dual Perspective” EP along with the Daniel B. produced anthem "Gold Rush." Finally in 1988 their debut album “Cut Up” was released on Play It Again Sam Records and featured the singles “Strange World” and “Hollywood." In 1993 the brothers wrote and composed the vocals on two Front 242 albums "Up Evil" and "Off." After 15 years of silence the boys released their second album “Rosary” in 2007 and continue to write new material and tour with their extensive catalog of dark dance classics.
All tracks have been carefully remastered by George Horn at Fantasy Studios in Berkeley. Each LP includes a 6-page press kit with lyrics, discography, photos and liner notes by Daniel B. of Front 242. The history of Belgian electronic music would not be complete without a trip through “The Golden Years” of Parade Ground.

Links
Artist: Website | Facebook
Label: Website | Facebook

Edited by Luca EW - 24/6/2015, 16:07

Web  Top
0 replies since 12/7/2011, 18:10   119 views