06. Hard Drop Life
07. Up Yours, Solitude!
08. Revenge of the Croctopus (3D)

Release Date
21st April 2013

Buy it on Bandcamp
Faderhead - Empires of the Northern Lights v2​.​42

Press Release
Yesterday (April 20, 2013) I came across a FB post by Daniel/Aesthetic Perfection who wrote
“Someone just asked if the new album had any dubstep influences on it. The answer? Absolutely. But not in any way you will ever recognize… ever.”
Of course this led to a large number of “fans” bitching and insulting Daniel – including completely baseless/retarded stuff like “I love how you have never had anything good to say about your fans…ever”.
Being who I am (and having no real plans for the weekend), I decided to make a dubstep album in a weekend and call it “Empires Of The Northern Lights v2.42″ (as a tribute to the 3 greatest dubstep bands of all time) … and then give it away for free.
And that’s what I did. I asked fans on FB for songtitle suggestions and at some point quotes from famous futurepop songs to help me with lyrics for “Up Yours, Solitude!”. It’s now Sunday, April 21, 2013 and with a little help from a lot of people I managed to write, record, produce, roughmix and ghetto-master 8 songs from total scratch. Except the title to “BroBM” none of the songs existed before.
If you want to listen to the tracks, hop over to: http://faderhead.bandcamp.com/album/empire...ern-lights-v242 and download it for free (or pay as much as you like). You can also just stream it if you just want to check it out. Try to listen on decent headphones or speakers. Laptop/computerspeakers really suck for bass-heavy music.
Is this an official Faderhead release? Yes. Otherwise I would have used a different name. Is it gonna be on CD? Most likely not. Is this the direction Faderhead is going? I doubt it.
Enjoy! And if you don’t enjoy it: please rant about it as much as possible :D

Links
Artist: Website | Facebook
Label: Website

Edited by Luca EW - 14/9/2015, 11:18

Web  Top
0 replies since 21/4/2013, 20:30   70 views