12. Reanimation
13. Secret Prayers
14. Cryphae

Release Date
16th January 2014

Buy it on Bandcamp
Famine - Early Tracks

Press Release
This is my very earliest documented material from 1994-1995.
All tracks are sequences recorded directly from the stereo outputs of my E-MU Systems Emax HD sampler, which was my very first keyboard. It had no step sequencer so I did what came naturally, which was to make ambient noises with it. These are the all the files I found in it after fixing it 15 years after it had stopped working altogether.
The recordings are permeated with strange feedbacks and analogue filters that behave strangely after all this time. These sound files were played back directly from the Emax's internal sequencer which features up to 10-polyphony with 8 channels of midi so there are funny things that the 28 year old hard drive will do to samples, filter settings and sequence playback speed. You can also hear the whirring of the hard drive itself in some of the tracks. I decided to leave this in, because I thought it had charm.
I really hope you all enjoy hearing this, since it would have been lost to the ages if it weren't for the ingenuity of my favorite Russian scientist, Roman.
Once again, thank you for listening. It makes writing all the more worth while for me.
Marty Famine 15.01.14

Links
Artist: Website | Facebook
Label: Self Released

Web  Top
0 replies since 16/1/2014, 11:04   54 views