Tracklist
01. Guided by the Force of Compassion
02. Protection Had to Be Given
03. This Is All I Could do
04. My Ice Baby

Release Date
9th October 2015

Press Release
With pleasure and pride, HANDS release this four-track vinyl EP by the much talked-about Berlin-based DJ and producer Michael Wollenhaupt aka Ancient Methods – a rare pleasure for sure. Adding to the trademark metallic samples, sturdy beats and keen riffs a good share of experimental attitude, this further pushes the Ancient Methods sound and yields 25 absorbing, sometimes psychic minutes. The limited Edition of 200 copies includes a hand-numbered art print on heavy carton and is exclusively available at HANDS.
“Turn Ice Realities Into Fire Dreams” starts with a bid for the dance floor - the heavy, repetitive industrial groove of “Guided by the Force of Compassion”, followed by the less casual “Protection had to be Given”, also decidedly physical in its use of a deep and daring bass line.
“This is all I Could do” then makes leeway into more solitary waters, a sublime combination of slow, stumbling beats, eerie vocal samples and a woeful melody creeping in. “My Ice Baby” is a new, even colder version of the provoking contribution to the Forms Of Hands 15 compilation, grinding off beats, a whirr and a buzz and a glorious vocal delivery.
Michael Wollenhaupt has released only about one EP a year since 2007 and built a devoted following from that, and “Turn Ice Realities Into Fire Dreams” again shows why – perfectly crafted, timeless, defying trends and expectations, this is a fascinating and unique musical universe.

Links
Artist: Website | Facebook
Label: Website | Facebook

Edited by Luca EW - 9/10/2015, 10:25

Web  Top
0 replies since 2/10/2015, 15:40   22 views